Last updated: April 18, 2023
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how Bidwizer.com and its affiliates (collectively “Bidwizer”) collect and process your personal information through Bidwizer websites, devices, products, services, online platforms and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together “Bidwizer Services”). By using Bidwizer Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Bidwizer Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Bidwizer Services. Click here to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Bidwizer Services.
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Bidwizer Services, including information about your interaction with products, content and services available through Bidwizer Services. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Bidwizer Services and other content served by or on behalf of Bidwizer on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources, such as credit information from credit rating agencies, which we use to help streamline your future experience when visiting and using our platform(s).
For What Purposes Does Bidwizer Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that offered our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of services. We use your personal information to process and deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about services and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Bidwizer Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Bidwizer Services.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Bidwizer Services.
- Provide voice, image and camera services. When you use our voice, image and camera services, we use your voice input, images, videos, and other personal information to respond to your requests, provide the requested service to you, and improve our services.
- Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we collect and use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect from buyers and sellers, information regarding place of establishment and bank account information for identity verification and other purposes.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Bidwizer Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Bidwizer, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Bidwizer Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Bidwizer controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties: We make available to you, services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Bidwizer Services. For example, you can order products and services from third parties through our platforms, and download applications from third-party application providers. We also offer services or sell product lines and services jointly with third-party businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, such as selling, purchasing and leasing motor vehicles, delivering motor vehicles, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Bidwizer, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Bidwizer and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Bidwizer, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your Bidwizer account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Bidwizer Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at Bidwizer, including interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice. To adjust your advertising preferences, please go to the Advertising Preferences page.
- Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie, a device identifier, or a code derived from applying irreversible cryptography to other information like an email address. For example, if you have already downloaded one of our apps, we will share your advertising identifier and data about that event so that you will not be served an ad to download the app again. Some ad companies also use this information to serve you relevant ads from other advertisers. You can learn more about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by going to the Advertising Preferences page.
What Information Can I Access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, Prime membership, household settings, and purchase history in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Bidwizer Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Bidwizer Services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in What Information Can I Access?. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive email or other communications from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. If you don’t want to receive in-app notifications from us, please adjust your notification settings in the app or device.
- If you do not want to see interest-based ads, please adjust your Advertising Preferences.
- If you want to browse our websites without linking the browsing history to your account, you may do so by logging out of your account here and blocking cookies on your browser.
- You can manage the recommendations you receive here, remove recommendations you don’t want to see here by selecting View All and Manage then selecting the Remove Items toggle that appears at the top of the page, and edit your browsing history here.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Bidwizer website (e.g., in “Manage Your Content and Devices”), device, or application. For more information click here. Most devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
- If you are a seller, you can add or update certain information in Seller Central, update your account information by accessing your Seller Account Information, and adjust your email or other communications you receive from us by updating your Notification Preferences.
- If you are a buyer, you can add or update certain information in Buyer Central, update your account information by accessing your Buyer Account Information, and adjust your email or other communications you receive from us by updating your Notification Preferences.
In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or delete your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Bidwizer Services?
Bidwizer does not offer or allow access to products or services for or by children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. For more information, please see our Children’s Privacy Disclosure.
EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield
Bidwizer participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks. Click here to learn more.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Click here to read additional disclosures required under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Bidwizer Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use , including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Florida. If you have any concern about privacy at Bidwizer, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Bidwizer Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services on any of our platforms;
- place an order through or use any Bidwizer platform;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us) or Your Profile ;
- interact with our platforms
- Talk to us, such as through our Customer Service portal or phone service;
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with a Bidwizer service;
- provide information in your account(s);
- offer your products or services on or through Bidwizer Services;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire;
- upload or stream images, videos or other files to any Bidwizer platform;
- use our services;
- participate in Discussion Boards or other community features, if any;
- provide and rate Reviews;
- specify a Special Occasion Reminder; or
- employ Product Availability Alerts.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- personal description and photograph in Your Profile;
- images and videos collected or stored in connection with Bidwizer Services;
- information and documents regarding identity, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers;
- corporate and financial information;
- credit history information; and
- device log files and configurations.
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details, including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- Bidwizer Services metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- purchase and content use history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features like Top Sellers;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- images or videos when you use any of our Bidwizer platforms or Services.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- updated delivery and address information from our dealers, motor vehicle transport companies, finance companies or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants and providers of third party products and services for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by third party providers;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- information about internet-connected devices and services linked with Alexa or Siri; and
- credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Bidwizer Services include:
- status of recent orders;
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information, promotional certificate and gift card balances, and 1-Click settings);
- email notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Special Occasion Reminders and newsletters);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- your content, devices, services, and related settings, and communications and personalized advertising preferences;
- content that you recently viewed;
- voice recordings associated with your account;
- Your Profile (including your product Reviews, Recommendations, Reminders and personal profile);
- If you are a seller, you can access your account and other information, and adjust your communications preferences, by updating your Seller account.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures
This California Consumer Privacy Act disclosure page (“Disclosure”) supplements the Bidwizer Privacy Notice and is effective as of January 1, 2023. The Bidwizer Privacy Notice describes the personal information that we collect, the sources from which we collect it, the purposes for which we use it, the limited circumstances under which we share personal information, and with whom we share it. These additional disclosures are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act:
- Categories of personal information collected. The personal information that Bidwizer collects, or has collected from consumers in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Bidwizer Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address;
- personal information, such as a credit card number;
- age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you create a child profile or baby registry;
- commercial information, such as purchase and content streaming activity;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details;
- biometric information, such as your voice profile, if you enable that feature on, for instance, Siri or Alexa;
- geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer;
- audio or visual information, such as voice recordings when you speak to Alexa or Siri, or images and videos collected or stored in connection with Bidwizer Services;
- education information, such as information you provide through educational skills you link to your account through Alexa or Siri;
- professional information, for example data you may provide about your business if you are a Seller; and
- inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose. The personal information that Bidwizer disclosed to the third parties identified in the “Does Bidwizer Share Your Personal Information?” section of the Bidwizer Privacy Notice about consumers for a business purpose in the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which Bidwizer Service is used:
- identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address, for example if we use a third party carrier to deliver your order;
- personal information, such as a credit card number, for example if we use a third party payment processor;
- your age, gender, or other protected classifications, for example if you choose to participate in a survey distributed by a survey provider;
- commercial information, such as the details of a product or service you purchased if a third party service provider is assisting to provide that product or service to you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, such as if we use a service provider to help us gather crash reports for analyzing the health of our devices and services;
- geolocation data, such as providing a delivery partner with a location to have a motor vehicle picked up at or delivered to;
- audio or visual information, for example if a service provider reviews recordings of customer service phone calls for quality assurance purposes;
- professional information, for example if we provide your account details to a service or third party provider for verification.
- Right to Request Access to or Deletion of Personal Information: You may have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by Bidwizer, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please visit here or contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable. If you do not have an account, or if you are an authorized agent under the CCPA, visit here.
- No sale of personal information. In the twelve months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, Bidwizer has not sold any personal information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- No Discrimination. Bidwizer will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
- Annual Reporting for 2022.
Access Requests. In 2022, Bidwizer did not received any requests from Bidwizer customers to initiate the data access process.
Deletion Requests. In 2022, Bidwizer did not received any requests from Bidwizer customers to initiate the account closure and data deletion process.
Children’s Privacy Disclosure
Children’s privacy is important to Bidwizer. This disclosure and the Bidwizer Privacy Notice describe how we handle personal information we collect from children older than the age of 16 (“child” or “children”).
What Personal Information Does Bidwizer Collect From Children?
Children over the age of 16 may use our services to, for instance, configure, purchase, lease, sell, and/or finance a motor vehicle to or from third parties such as motor vehicle dealers and finance companies which have their own policies and requirements regarding a person’s minimum age such third parties will transact business with, and what information such third parties gather from children and use. We may know a child is using our services (for example, when using a child profile). In these situations, children may share and we may collect personal information that requires verifiable parental consent under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (collectively, “Child Personal Information”). Child Personal Information could include, for example, name, birthdate, contact information (including phone numbers and e-mail addresses), voice, photos, videos, location, and certain activity and device information and identifiers (such as cookies, device serial numbers, and IP addresses). Our Privacy Notice describes other information we collect that is not Child Personal Information.
How Does Bidwizer Use Child Personal Information?
We use Child Personal Information to provide and improve our products and services, communicating information, enforcing parental controls, and giving parents visibility into how their children use our products and services. We will not serve interest-based ads to your child when they are using a Bidwizer child profile.
Does Bidwizer Share Child Personal Information?
We share Child Personal Information only as described in our Privacy Notice. A child may be able to share information publicly and with others depending on the products and services used.
What Choices Do I Have?
You choose whether to give us permission to collect Child Personal Information from your child. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose Child Personal Information without this permission.
We make available controls so that you can remain involved in your child’s use of Bidwizer services. To learn more about revoking permission for a child or how to review or delete Child Personal Information, please visit the Manage Parental Consent page or contact Customer Service using the information provided below.
Please note that if you withdraw the permission you have provided for your child or request deletion of Child Personal Information, certain services and features may no longer be available.
What About Information Collected By Third Parties?
This disclosure does not apply to the practices of any third-party services that may be accessed through a Bidwizer platform. Before using any third-party service, you should review the applicable terms and policies to determine their appropriateness for your child, including the service’s data collection and use practices.
Interest-based ads are sometimes referred to as personalized or targeted ads. We show interest-based ads to display features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. In providing interest-based ads, we follow the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (a coalition of marketing, online advertising, and consumer advocacy organizations).
What sort of information do we use to show interest-based ads?
To serve you interest-based ads, we use information such as your interactions with Bidwizer sites, content, or services. We do not use information which on its own identifies you, such as name or e-mail address, to serve interest-based ads.
See our Privacy Notice for more information about the types of information that we gather.
How do we work with third parties to show you interest-based ads?
We work with third parties, such as advertisers, publishers, social media networks, search engines, ad serving companies, and advertising companies working on their behalf, to improve the relevance of ads we serve. In providing you interest-based ads we do not associate your interactions on unaffiliated sites with information which on its own identifies you, such as name or email address, and we do not provide any such information to advertisers or to third-party sites that display our interest-based ads. Advertisers and other third parties may assume that users who interact with or click on an interest-based ad or content are part of the group that the ad or content is directed towards (for example, users in a particular geographical area or users who purchased or browsed for classical music). Some third-parties may provide us pseudonymized information about you (such as demographic information or sites where you have been shown ads) from offline and online sources that we may use to provide you more relevant and useful advertising.
Bidwizer offers you choices about receiving interest-based ads from us. You can choose not to receive interest-based ads from Bidwizer. You will still see ads but they will not be based on your interests. Please visit your Advertising Preferences page to learn how to set your preferences.
You can also generally opt out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
Network Advertising Initiative: https://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1
Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
Trademark: “This Bid’s For You”
Description of use: “The King of Deals” is a trademark used in conjunction with services that bring clients the best auto deals. The trademark serves as a distinctive identifier of these services and highlights the expertise and reputation of the service provider. The phrase “The King of Deals” communicates that the services provided are unparalleled in terms of their ability to find and offer the best auto deals to clients. It signals that the provider is committed to delivering high-quality services that exceed client expectations.
The Designated Agent for notice of copyright infringement claims may be reached as follows:
14120 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Suite 300
Charlotte, NC. 28277
BidWiser™ and BidWizer™ are protected by law as registered trademarks.
BidWiser™ – This Bid’s For You™
Comments are closed.